Things You Need to Know When Setting up Your Baby's Bedding
One of the most exciting parts of preparing for your baby's arrival is getting their nursery ready with colours, fabrics, and furniture to start their life in comfort and style. Whether you choose to put the baby's bed in your room or give them their own room, there are a few things to consider if you want them to be comfortable and happy. The preparations will start before the baby is born and you will continue to make changes as your baby starts to grow.
Preparing for your newborn
Being able to bring baby home to a room or space which is ready for them will help both the newborn and parent to relax. Here are a few things to consider when you are preparing the nursery:
- Practical and safe bed washing; you will be doing this a lot in the first few months – so avoid hard or perfumed detergents which can cause skin irritations
- Babies aren't known for holding things in so make sure you have plenty of fresh sheets on hand for the middle of the night
- Avoid using pillows, doonas, or bumpers for newborns as they can sometimes be dangerous; layering with 100% cotton and natural materials will keep your baby warm and free from rashes and irritations
- Always make sure the bed style that you choose meets Australian safety standards.
- Choose a safe, comfortable mattress which fits snugly in the baby's bed
Baby bedding sets
Baby bedding can be an inexpensive way to reflect your baby's personality and keep them comfortable as they get used to sleeping through the night. Our Perth baby store and online shop offers all the things you need when preparing for the arrival, and to help your newborn get a good sleep.